Looking for a dynamic and experienced policy professional to lead our client’s thinking on doing the right thing for their customers and to help cement their position as a thought leader on housing issues in the social sector and beyond. Please note: You do not need specialist housing knowledge but you’ll need to have the ability to acquire knowledge quickly and be able to work across a range of areas.
- Support the delivery of service provided by operational teams, through the upkeep of the high quality policies, procedures and associated guidance, working with teams across operations to make changes that raise the experience of our client’s customers.
- Provide advice on service standards, compliance and best practice, in response to changes in the external operating environment or as services are reviewed.
- lead policy review projects and make judgements about the way forward taking account of the costs, risks and opportunities.
- be a highly skilled networker – expert at getting the most out of technical and specialist stakeholders
- be able to translate technical and complex requirements into simple and clear policies
- have great analytical skills and be able to assess the impact of external policy and regulatory change on business and customers.
- excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to draft briefings, policies and deliver presentations in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner;
- able to manage consultation and decision-making processes;
- be able to argue your policy positions and gain agreement at the highest levels in the organisation;
- Ability to acquire knowledge quickly;
- Highly skilled facilitator able to secure insight from a range of technical stakeholders;
- Great analytical skills and ability to secure evidence based decisions;
- Project management skills – able to contribute to the design and manage the delivery of policy review projects in a challenging business environment;
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively at pace.