The Policy and Public Affairs Executive is a member of the Public Affairs team in the Communications and Brand Department. The role is to develop policy positions for the Chief Executive, senior ICAEW members and staff. The Policy and Public Affairs Executive assists on the analysis of political and policy developments and identifies strategic opportunities or risks.
- Work with the Policy and Public Affairs Manager to deliver and develop messages and relationships to support our operational plan and ICAEW’s vision for a world of strong economies;
- Support opportunities to strengthen ICAEW’s profile on public policy through stakeholder engagement, projects and publications;
- Assist and lead in the development of public policy content by exploiting a range of sources including ICAEW’s library, think tanks, business and political research;
- Communicate the work of the Public Affairs team to senior internal and external stakeholders, working with colleagues in member and corporate communications, and the media team;
- Build and strengthen stakeholder relationships by attending and participating in policy events and meetings on key topics and developing ICAEW responses;
- Specific duties will vary from time to time in line with the needs of the business.
To be considered for this role, applicants must demonstrate the following:
- A good standard of education in economics, politics or related subject;
- Experience working in a think tank, Parliament or public affairs role;
- Background knowledge and interest in public finances, business/financial services policy;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to research, analyse and present complex information in an accessible way;
- Familiarity with various sources of data;
- Ability to work with others to tight timetables;
- Ability to draft internal and external policy briefings;
- Willingness to travel within the UK;
- Strong stakeholder management skills.