As we build our Influencing Team at Sue Ryder, we are looking for a dynamic Policy and Public Affairs Officer. You will work as part of a team to maximise opportunities to influence models of care, increasing awareness of Sue Ryder across policy stakeholders.
About the role
This is an exciting time to join the small and dynamic Influencing Team as the Policy and Public Affairs Officer for England. Reporting to the Head of Influencing, you will play a vital role in supporting the delivery of Sue Ryder’s strategic goal to influence policy on palliative, neurological and bereavement care. You will work with the Head of Influencing to raise our profile and develop strong relationships with parliamentarians, civil servants and policy stakeholders to ensure our voice is heard.
- Contribute to the development of the organisation’s influencing strategy, based on thorough research and understanding of issues;
- Be an expert on English health & social care policy that relates to Sue Ryder’s priorities;
- Support colleagues across Sue Ryder to represent the organisation externally, and where appropriate represent in person;
- Draft materials for a range of audiences (internal and external), ensuring information is shared in an appropriate and timely manner;
- Working closely with colleagues in the Marketing, Communications and Digital department to ensure an integrated communications approach.
You will have demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the English political system and heath & social care policy. You will have experience of public affairs as well as policy development along with an understanding of working in partnerships and alliances with other organisations. You will be able to communicate in a compelling manner both verbally and in writing, and ideally will have some knowledge and experience of working with PR and social media to best effect.
***Competitive Employee Benefits**
Company pension scheme, 25 days holiday - rising to 30 with length of service plus bank holidays, option to buy and sell up to five days holiday, enhanced maternity and paternity pay, paid mileage, enhanced sick pay, cash referral bonus scheme, corporate discount with hundreds of retailers and services, staff discount of 15% on new goods online, salary sacrifice car scheme, online wellbeing centre, free will writing service, staff finance loans, carers leave policy and lots more.
Sue Ryder supports people through the most difficult times of their lives. Whether that’s a terminal illness, the loss of a loved one or a neurological condition – we’re there when it matters. Our doctors, nurses and carers give people the compassion and expert care they need to help them live the best life they possibly can.