Independent provider of specialist social care support.
The Policy and Regulation Manager will work collaboratively with the Quality Governance Manager and the Quality Team in order to support good governance and service improvement.
1. ensure that the company operates within the required legal/regulatory framework, including:
- The Children Act 1989 and Care Standards Act 2000 as they apply to Children’s Homes and the Children’s Homes Regulations and Quality Standards 2015;
- The Health and Social Care Act 2008 as it applies to Adults Residential Social Care, Health and Social Care Act Regulated Services Regulations 2014, and Registration Regulations 2009 and the Fundamental Standards (Adult Social Care);
- The Education (Independent Schools Standards) Regulations 2014.
2. be responsible for developing, writing and maintaining up to date and responsive company policy and guidance;
3. maintain and extend personal knowledge and awareness of local and national political agendas in relation to health, education and social care;
4. oversee regulation activity across all services and provide support for operational and strategic managers;
5. help develop strategies to manage potential and actual regulatory risk.