A professional body (health) is looking to hire a Policy and Research Officer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a range of policy areas such as new models of care, regulation of general practice, quality improvement, the use of data in primary care, online consulting, and medical indemnity.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering programmes of work providing support and project management on assigned policy areas;
- Providing expert advice, guidance and briefing to internal and external stakeholders;
- Managing relationship on relevant policy areas with key stakeholder organisations – such as NHS England, the Department of Health and representatives of other professional groups;
- Attending regular internal meetings including Policy and Campaigns team meetings, media meetings, and meetings with the Chair of Council;
- Compiling responses to consultation exercises and writing briefings for senior management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experience of planning and delivering projects successfully;
- Demonstrable track record of engaging with decision-makers and opinion formers;
- An understanding of how to develop and deliver policy work;
- Proven experience of writing in a variety of styles for different audiences and formats;
- Stakeholder engagement;
- Ability to take complex issues and to present them succinctly and accessibly, both orally and in writing.
- Good knowledge of the UK health system and the issues affecting general practice.