A health body is currently looking for a Policy and Standards Manager.
You will be responsible for:
- Horizon-scanning the policy and mental health environments to identify emergent issues and policy standards priorities linked to the work of our Client;
- Ensuring that a clear and logical record of policy standards developments is maintained;
- Developing a strategy for the standards work of our Client and implement a new framework for identifying and resourcing priorities;
- Deploying policy analysis skills to ensure that standards work of our client is proactive as well as reactive;
- Supporting colleagues, members and officers in the devolved nations on policy and standards issues of particular relevance to their jurisdictions;
- Providing organisational and administrative support to committees, experts and groups;
- Drafting well-evidenced responses to external government consultations and contributions of written and oral evidence to other inquiries, organisations and processes as necessary.
- Strong background in mental health, health or social policy;
- Proven ability to assimilate large, complex documents and précis them for a wide range of audiences;
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing and organising multiple and complex work-streams;
- Evidence of high-level administrative experience including managing committees and groups;
- Evidence of high quality published policy documents.