A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a fixed term 15 month contract with a regulator in Brighton.
- Successfully deliver evidence-based end-to-end complex and strategic projects working with diverse stakeholders and virtual teams on policy-oriented programmes;
- Deliver to all stages of the policy pipeline ensuring rigorous scoping and benefit identification, and flexible and innovative solutions which are based on a good understanding of the regulated Community;
- Keep the organisation up to date with developments that affect industry and their effect on the sector, and anticipating future developments;
- Design policies that take account of legal environment, EU considerations;
- Provide guidance on policy and regulatory appraisal including effective anticipation of risk consistent with organisational strategy and identifying new policy work;
- Ensure policies programmes and services are on track and deliver desired outcomes including troubleshooting and effectively overcoming obstacles.
You will have:
- Specialist policy knowledge including strategy formulation and evaluation techniques;
- Significant analytical and problem solving ability to achieve pragmatic solutions and the ability to prioritise based on informed risk based judgement;
- The ability to make and maintain strong relationships, both internally and externally;
- Possession of a high level of drive, enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work;
- Effective communication – written and oral – to a range of internal and external audiences.
- Relevant UK policy on pensions and savings, e.g. DWP & HMT policy;
- Best practice in policy development and application, including Better Regulation principles.