Fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Policy Lead (Financial Services) with a public sector body in Brighton.
- Successfully deliver evidence based end to end complex and strategic projects working with diverse stakeholders and virtual teams on policy oriented programmes;
- Deliver to all stages of the policy pipeline ensuring rigorous scoping and benefit identification, and flexible and innovative solutions which are based on a good understanding of the regulated Community;
- Keep the organisation up to date with developments that affect industry and their effect on the sector, and anticipating future developments;
- Design policies that take account of legal environment, EU considerations;
- Ensure policies programmes and services are on track and deliver desired outcomes including troubleshooting and effectively overcoming obstacles;
- Provide tailored and pragmatic advice on the presentation and implementation of policies.
You will have:
- Specialist policy knowledge including strategy formulation and evaluation techniques; Significant analytical and problem solving ability to achieve pragmatic solutions and the ability to prioritise based on informed risk based judgement;
- Relevant UK policy on pensions and savings, e.g. DWP & HMT policy;
- The ability to make and maintain strong relationships, both internally and externally;
- Possession of a high level of drive, enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work;
- Effective communication – written and oral – to a range of internal and external audiences.