My client’s employment policy team works on high profile issues ranging from immigration and diversity & inclusion, to employment law, pay and pensions policy. This post holder will be a senior driver in the team, with line management and strategy responsibility.
- Supporting the Head of Policy with the management and leadership of the employment team;
- Working with the Head, Members and the wider team to set priorities on employment policy;
- Lead and deliver some of the plans, both through own work, and through project managing the work of policy advisers, senior policy advisers and other colleagues;
- Developing a strong grasp of the contextual employment and labour market policy issues;
- Working with members and colleagues to develop policy positions and campaign messages;
- Developing and managing a range of contacts, including government and other external stakeholders that help to shape understanding of key issues, and enable the organisation’s view on these to be heard;
- Acting as a senior spokesperson on employment issues, including at events and other public platforms.
- Experience of public policy development;
- Understanding of employment issues;
- Record of influencing results in a political environment and leading public policy campaigns.