My client is a leading UK membership body which is playing a highly influential role in the EU negotiations and supporting its members through them.
They are currently looking for a manager to lead the team which co-ordinates the organisation’s work on EU negotiations, looking at Brexit challenges, supporting members and engaging with political stakeholders internationally. You will have direct line management for four people.
- Detailed knowledge of key Brexit policy issues and the impacts and opportunities they might have for businesses;
- Experience of representing a high-profile organisation externally in a pressured environment;
- Experienced people manager, with proven track record of developing a team;
- Experienced at influencing government in the UK at all levels and has detailed understanding of working of Westminster and Whitehall;
- Knowledge of interplay between Brussels institutions and the EU policymaking process;
- Comfortable engaging with and managing senior internal and external stakeholders, in both business and government;
- Track record of writing for different audiences, from long policy reports to impactful press releases.