The British Beer & Pub Association, the leading trade association representing the interests of the brewing and pub sectors, is seeking an experienced policy professional with strong communication and analysis skills to work as part of a very busy team. Based in our head office in the City of London you will be responsible for policy development across key areas for the Association, particularly around pub operations and retailing.
Duties will include:
- Develop the Association’s policy on key pub issues including licensing, employment, planning, statutory and voluntary codes of practice, copyright and other pub related issues;
- Conceive and propose policies underpinned by robust analysis and work closely with member companies to gain consensus to policy positions and associated compliance issues.
- Represent the Association at meetings and discussions with Government, external agencies and other trade bodies;
- Coordinate the Association's work on recruitment and retention challenges in pub sector;
- Coordinate responses to public consultations, produce guidance, best practice and briefing notes;
- Oversee work of relevant Association policy committees and working groups preparing agendas, discussion papers and reports, minutes and follow-up paper work;
- Work closely with communications department on policy-related communication to members and external stakeholders.
You will need to be a team player, organised, efficient, with initiative and a positive “can do” attitude. The post would suit a policy professional, preferably with some commercial experience and with strong relationship-building skills. A genuine interest in the beer and pub industry is vital, along with excellent written and verbal communication skills. A strong understanding of Government structures and an educational background with a business element would be an advantage.
The starting salary will be dependent on skills and experience but is likely to be between £35,000 and £45,000 plus benefits including pension, health insurance and gym membership.