A Charity (health).
The successful candidate will develop evidence-based policy positions on issues, ensuring that they reflect the views of people affected and the health professionals involved in their care. You will have experience of working in a policy role, a good knowledge of health policy and an understanding the policymaking process.
- Lead and develop our client’s policy positions by gathering insights from clinicians, researchers and people affected;
- Horizon scan for emerging policy issues;
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the NHS policy environment, including the evolving structure of the NHS, the national/local organisations responsible for delivering services;
- Work with the Policy Manager to research and draft responses to Health Technology Appraisals undertaken by regulators across the UK and other relevant consultations;
- Represent our client on policy coalitions, at health conferences and in external meetings with officials and decision makers;
- Update our client’s supporters on policy and news updates via the website.
- Experience of working in a policy development role;
- Good understanding of health policy in England and NHS structures locally and nationally;
- An ability to write for a range of different audiences and explain complex concepts in plain English;
- Experience of responding to Government consultations.