A prominent business representative organisation are currently seeking a Policy Research Manager to oversee their research function and ensure that their policy work and campaigning activity is underpinned by a strong evidence base.
With Brexit looming and the interests of business in a post-Brexit United Kingdom full of uncertainty, this will be an exciting time to join the organisation as they seek to ensure that industry and commerce are given a voice through the influencing of government policy positions. The Policy Research Manager will be tasked with safeguarding the strength of the organisation’s policy and campaigning thinking.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading on relevant research propositions of relevance to business;
- Producing reports, papers and surveys as required;
- Managing polling activity especially the Quarterly Economic Survey returns;
- Working with organisation’s event team to organise launch events for research publications;
- Drafting of articles for publication;
- Providing material for the Board and Council PPA reports as required.
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- A good degree (first or upper second or equivalent) in a relevant subject;
- A track record of academic research in relevant subjects;
- Experience of writing research papers;
- Experience of presenting research findings;
- Demonstrable experience of working with internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- An innovative and strategic thinker;
- Line management experience.