A leading voice for business in the UK are currently seeking a Policy Research Officer to join their policy and public affairs team based in London.
The trade association is a powerful voice for the business community who seek to represent the interests of business, engaging with government, Whitehall, regulators and other institutions to achieve positive policy and regulatory outcomes that will ultimately benefit the whole economy.
As a Policy Research Officer, your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting both quantitative and qualitative research that provides a robust evidence base for the policy and public affairs team;
- Helping with creating reports and publications on a variety of policy and economic issues;
- Working with internal and external stakeholders and represent the organisation at events;
- Drafting articles for publication;
- Providing written and verbal briefings to senior management on research findings.
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
This is a busy and varied role where you will gain exposure to a range of British business policy concerns. Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following:
- As strong academic background to degree-level or equivalent (ideally to MA level with a strong research component;
- Demonstrable experience in both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies (survey design, ability to read/understand statistical research. Highly numerate, good ability to work with large spreadsheets and conduct basic economic calculations);
- A background in business and/or economic research, policy research or other related experience. Pure academic research will be insufficient;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt style to cater for different audiences;
- Attention to detail.