Navigate Politics provides political monitoring services to in-house government affairs teams through daily briefings, breaking news alerts and highly tailored debate and committee summaries.
We provide political monitoring services to some of the biggest companies in the UK who trust us to deliver high quality briefings, at times to suit them, through our advanced, human-led service.
We’re looking to take on a Political Monitoring Assistant to undertake a wide variety of tasks including:
- Reading and analysing relevant political content to build daily client briefings;
- Producing tailored summaries of relevant political and parliamentary reports;
- Producing tailored biographies of politicians as required by clients;
- Reviewing select committee and debate summaries produced by Political Researchers;
- Undertaking ad-hoc research and producing briefings on political announcements.
The role offers a fantastic opportunity to immerse yourself in all aspects of British politics – from formal debates, to social media, to detailed political research whilst gaining a strong understanding of the work of the Government Affairs industry.
We’re looking for somebody with:
- A degree or higher – The role is likely to suit graduates in subjects such as Politics, English or History;
- Demonstrable experience – Previous political experience in a similar role or in Parliament will be particularly welcome, although not essential;
- Excellent analytical skills – The Assistant would be required to analyse large amounts of information quickly so an attention to detail and ability to select and record key pieces of information are required;
- Understanding of Parliament – The role requires a strong interest in politics and an understanding of UK parliamentary procedure;
- Reliability and time-management – The Assistant will need good time management skills, demonstrated through past work or related experience;
- Flexibility – The role includes regular early starts and will require flexibility in working hours;
- Excellent IT skills – Successful candidates will be able to touch-type and rapidly create, edit and format documents in Microsoft Word.