WA Communications is a leading strategic communications and public affairs agency based in Westminster. The business has grown by more than 20 per cent year on year for the last three years, and we are looking for a Political Risk Manager to play a major role in our growing Investor Services practice.
Our Investor Services practice specialises in providing political due diligence and policy risk analysis to institutional investors. We have established a reputation for high quality, swift, detailed and insightful analysis, with specialisms in health and social care, energy, education and infrastructure among a range of other areas.
The Political Risk Research Manager will manage the day-to-day delivery of research projects and provide presentations and advice to senior investors. You will be supported by a full-time research analyst, as well as other WA consultants on an ad hoc basis. You will be working as part of a small, dynamic team of experts, and will have responsibility for ensuring that intensive research projects are delivered to a consistently high quality by agreed deadlines.
You will also be involved in contributing to the growth of the practice, identifying areas for new business growth and supporting our expansion into new asset classes, which may involve supporting the development of new research products and a broader suite of investor-focused services.
The candidate should already working in a research role, will be familiar with a range of qualitative and quantitative methods relating to UK political, policy and regulatory research, and will have exemplary presentation skills. They will have several years of experience of working in policy-making (political party, government department or agency, think tank or similar), strategy or management consultancy, or have significant transferable experience from another commercial advisory role.
They will be a rising star looking for a significant step up and a long term opportunity to play a leading role in an exciting business.
Qualities we are looking for are:
- Detailed understanding of the UK political, regulatory and policy-making process;
- An excellent network among political, regulatory and policy contacts in Westminster, Whitehall and the wider policy community;
- An exceptional ability to present findings to our investor clients in a rigorous and confident way;
- A good understanding of business and business strategy;
- Sophisticated ability to assess the impact on a business of changes in policy factors, and in politics;
- A desire to be at the forefront of winning and managing the delivery of research projects;
- Proven track record in delivery of research projects, using an evidence-based approach;
- A detailed understanding of policy research methodologies, both qualitative and quantitative;
- An ability to provide robust quality assurance throughout the project lifecycle, testing analysis and editing content as appropriate;
- A proven ability to lead, manage and motivate junior researchers, providing daily guidance, support and advice;
- Strong organisational and project management skills;
- An interest in generating new business, and natural business acumen;
- A knowledge of and contacts in the business and investor community would be an advantage;
- Excellent oral and written analytical, communication and presentation skills;
- Expertise in the use of data visualisation.
The role will see you involved in leading project work for clients, business development, and managing internal responsibilities. You will:
- Help shape an industry leading specialist research practice;
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, and act as a key touchpoint on research projects;
- Work with colleagues to develop new business leads and converting them to wins;
- Support the development of more junior members of the team, helping identify areas for development and opportunities to improve.
In return for your hard work and commitment we offer:
- The opportunity to play an important role in a fast growing consultancy, and in a business unit that has grown substantially in the last three years;
- A competitive salary, and generous performance-related bonuses;
- A tailored package of training and support to enable you to continue your professional development;
- An honest and open management and wider business culture;
- A fast-paced and fun working environment at our Westminster office;
- A wide range of employee benefits, including a competitive pension scheme, subsidised gym membership, health insurance, child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme, interest free travel loans and more.