Our Client is a Health Body which conducts examinations, carries out training, education and research activities and advises the government on health and medical matters.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the public affairs function to deliver on strategic objectives and provide public affairs support and advice;
- Supporting the external affairs team in developing strategies to promote key messages to stakeholders including, ministers, parliamentarians and leaders in healthcare;
- Building and maintaining relationships with other health organisations and bodies involved in the delivery of care, particularly specialty societies and working with senior colleagues to identify new opportunities to influence the health agenda;
- Responding to external consultations and key policy announcements;
- Coordinating and overseeing external relationships;
- Proactively engaging with parliamentarians and senior stakeholders to promote the work of our client.
- Knowledge of NHS structures;
- Experience of managing complex stakeholder relationships across all levels;
- Stakeholder mapping and horizon scanning of developments;
- Experience of briefing senior members of staff;
- Ability to monitor national and international health policy debates in specialist, trade and national media for trends;
- Knowledge of the parliamentary process.