Our client, a leading healthcare professional body, is currently seeking a Campaigns & Public Affairs Officer to join their busy policy and campaigns team.
As the Campaigns & Public Affairs Officer you will be responsible for planning and implementing healthcare policy-led campaigns.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Helping to develop and deliver policy-led campaigns across the UK;
- Working closely with policy colleagues to ensure campaigns align with evidence based policy positions;
- Engaging with key external opinion formers and decision makers in Westminster and Whitehall on key policy priority areas;
- Take responsibility for helping to deliver the organisation’s public affairs strategy;
- Review information to evaluate the success and effectiveness of campaigns.
Required knowledge, skills and experience
- A strong academic background to degree-level or equivalent work experience;
- Demonstrable experience of delivering policy-led campaigns using a variety of communications tools;
- Demonstrable experience in developing and delivering public affairs strategies;
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with the ability to adapt style to reflect the audience;
- Experience of, or a strong interest in, the healthcare policy;
- A background of working in the UK public affairs and political environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that has a strong track record in influencing the healthcare policy environment to improve patient outcomes.