Newgate is hiring a Consultant to join our public affairs team in London, providing policy insight, political advice and strategy to clients.
About the role
The Public Affairs team supports clients in their political and third-party stakeholder engagement work. The team ensures clients are up-to-date on their key issues and are responsible for planning and implementing a political programme of work.
You will work with colleagues in the public affairs team, as well as with other teams across the company. You will develop and maintain trusted and positive relationships with clients through close attention to detail, political knowledge and insight, and providing comprehensive and well thought through advice.
Day-to-day work varies according to schedules and priorities but will include: monitoring developments (political/media/stakeholders); providing analysis and advice on these to clients; drafting bodies of work on behalf of clients; organising and attending meetings and events; attending party conferences; working with colleagues to carry out research and create briefings; networking.
- Have proven experience in Parliament, government, a public affairs consultancy, journalism, think tanks, political communications/campaigns, or other relevant roles;
- Be able to provide evidence of building productive working relationships with a variety of stakeholders;
- An ability to evaluate complex policy information, distilling it into accessible materials including written and verbal;
- Have excellent organisational skills and a proactive attitude;
- Pay close attention to detail;
- Develop positive relationships with clients, stakeholders and colleagues.
About Newgate Communications
Newgate employs around 90 people in the UK (London, Bristol, Cardiff, Manchester and Edinburgh) and has offices in Abu Dhabi, Australia, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Singapore.
We provide clients with expert support on public affairs, corporate reputation, financial communications, community engagement, brand communications, regional PR.