Certsure is a market-leading certification body. Operating the NICEIC and ELECSA brands, we’ve been in operation for over 60 years. Our mission is to be a market-leading certification body, providing a service for our customers that’s second to none.
We’re extremely proud to be a Sunday Times Top 100 Best Company to Work For. This recognises our high level of employee engagement, and our efforts to make sure that our people have a working experience that’s the best it can be.
But don’t take our word for it! Here’s what our people say makes this a great place to work:
“The people and fantastic working environment”
“So much support and training”
“The best place I have worked”
“A place to learn and develop”
“The freedom to make decisions and drive the company forwards”
About the job:
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join our team, to support the implementation of our political strategy.
Based at our Head Office in Bedfordshire, you’ll be working closely with the CEO and Chief of Staff, undertaking high quality research and monitoring political information. You’ll be providing support and briefings, including drafting and developing position papers and messaging documents. You’ll also be expected to take a lead role of your own and represent the organisation at Industry and other forums.
The key responsibilities of the job include:
- Supporting delivery of Certsure’s Public Affairs strategy;
- Responding to public policy threats and opportunities, aiming to reduce risks;
- Representing Certsure at external meetings;
- Monitoring proceedings and analysing political activities, keeping the CEO and team informed of relevant political developments;
- Reading parliamentary publications and monitoring activities such as debates, questions, committee enquiries, statements, reports, regulations and legislation;
- Assisting with research and drafting written submissions to Government consultations and select committee inquiries;
- Being a key point of contact for the public affairs agency;
- Writing newsletters, briefings and working with the communications team to provide press releases;
- Attending industry meetings, select committee hearings, party conferences and other events where relevant;
- Establishing and maintaining two-way communication with relevant official bodies and stakeholders, and assisting in developing new contacts;
- Providing insight and input into development of new business areas where legislation may drive opportunities;
- Representing and raising Certsure’s profile externally with key political contacts.
There are certain skills we’d like you to have including:
- Relevant business degree or equivalent qualification;
- Demonstrable knowledge of and enthusiasm for British politics and business in the UK;
- Experience of working or actively volunteering in Westminster, Whitehall or party politics, or writing political content;
- Desire to raise standards in our areas of operation;
- Previous experience working in PR, Public Affairs or a related corporate environment, with a demonstrable passion for politics;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to summarise complex information succinctly and accurately;
- Ability to quickly build excellent working relationships at all levels;
- Professional approach with high attention to detail;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well under pressure, and produce high quality and accurate work within tight deadlines;
- Confident and enthusiastic, with a passion to deliver work to a high standard;
- Ability to quickly grasp technical matters, and have the ability to communicate them to non-technical people;
- Flexible and ‘can do’ approach with a willingness to help and support the wider team.
Rewarding our people:
We offer an excellent reward package which includes:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- Special domestic leave;
- Loyalty days;
- Loyalty awards;
- Employee of the Month scheme;
- Employee Suggestion scheme;
- Learning and development opportunities;
- Private medical insurance;
- Pension scheme;
- Free eye tests;
- Childcare voucher scheme;
- Bike loan scheme;
- Refer-a-friend scheme;
- Subsidised café and gym facilities at our Head Office.