The Public Affairs Executive will support the delivery of the Public Affairs Team’s Strategy in order to maximise the positive public affairs influencing activity for the ICE Group, helping to enhance ICE’s reputation with Political, infrastructure and engineering influences.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Provide the Secretariat to the APPG Infrastructure, ensuring a regular programme of events and effective communication with the Chair, Members and BTS partners;
- Manage operations for all Public Affairs team events;
- Provide support to the Public Affairs Managers in relation to proactive and reactive ICE Public Affairs written outputs and briefings;
- Support all major Policy projects through stakeholder mapping, engagement and events operations.
- Manage and cascade all political monitoring;
- Manage ICE Informs, the Public Affairs Newsletter;
- Manage the briefing templates for all team events and meetings;
- Support the Public Affairs Manager in meeting the President and DG’s briefing needs, particularly for events;
- Assist the Public Affairs Manager in meeting the speechwriting needs of the President if required;
- Own all stakeholder data maintenance and regular updating on behalf of the team;
- Manage the Project 13 Community;
- Monitor and respond to relevant queries in the Thought Leadership and Policy inboxes;
- Manage all party conference logistics and support the Public Affairs Manager in the delivery of the overarching party conference strategy;
- Manage all note taking on behalf of the Public Affairs team, including recording discussions at events and writing up the notes afterwards, and recording actions at all internal team meetings;
- Manage all team stationery needs;
- Process all team invoices.
What are we looking for?
The successful applicant will have:
- A strong interest in and knowledge of current affairs, UK political landscape, processes and issues;
- Previous experience in public affairs;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as event management skills and a good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, is essential;
- Experience of stakeholder engagement programmes building relationships with key political stakeholders in Westminster / Whitehall;
- Ideally, they will have some understanding of the UK civil engineering and construction industries;
- Above all they will be proactive, have an ability to prioritise and meet deadlines, have a professional approach and be an excellent team player.
ICE Group benefits include:
- 25 days annual leave;
- Up to eight per cent of salary contributed to a personal pension scheme;
- 24 hour employee support line;
- Death in service benefit equivalent to one year’s salary;
- Childcare vouchers;
- Interest free season ticket loan;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Big Gym membership savings with the Gymflex scheme.