The Advertising Association is the umbrella body for the advertising industry, representing ad agencies, media and advertisers.
We are looking for a dynamic self-starter with a keen interest in politics and some relevant experience, ideally at Westminster, to join our 4-person public affairs team as PA Executive.
The person we recruit will be primarily working with the Public Affairs Manager to create a pro-active Parliamentary and Government outreach programme in Westminster and Holyrood, with the aim of building understanding of and political support towards the advertising industry.
The job will include:
- Organising meetings with MPs, including dinners for industry and Parliamentarians at Westminster, organising the AA’s annual Parliamentary reception, and other forms of engagement;
- Developing briefs for MPs and industry;
- Keeping members informed about political developments that affect their business;
- Ensuring internal communications with other departments, as needed;
- Managing and recording communications with parliamentarians and other political influencers on De Havilland and the AA’s CRM system;
- Supporting an outreach programme at Holyrood to ensure we convey the AA’s Scottish industry agenda;
- Attending industry events and meetings as necessary to deliver the above;
- Supporting the PA Director with the organisation and management of meetings as required.