My client, a highly regarded membership body with a global reach, operating within the Infrastructure and Built Environment sectors, are looking to bring on board a Public Affairs Executive. At a time when these sectors are at the forefront of Government Policy, this is an exciting time to join the organisation as they seek to grow their involvement in the policy and political arenas.
The successful candidate can expect to:
- Support the Policy, Public Affairs and External affairs teams to create, implement and maintain a public affairs programme, in line with the organisation's policy aims and objectives;
- Identify key stakeholders through the development and use of a contact programme, including MPs, Ministers, other Membership Organisations and Key Policymakers;
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, both internally and externally;
- Monitor political developments from Parliament, Government and elsewhere;
- Produce briefing materials, speeches and articles for senior staff on key political developments;
- Regularly engage with the media and communications team to ensure that the organisation's Policy and Public Affairs work is effectively communicated;
- Support and occasionally lead on key elements of the organisations Public Affairs campaigns;
- Represent the organisation at internal and external events;
- Occasionally travel, and have involvement with, stakeholders in the EU and devolved nations.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate:
- Prior exposure to a Public Affairs or Political environment – ideally gained within a membership organisation;
- Sound understanding of Policy and Political environment within industry-related fields;
- Experience of influencing policy-making through the use of campaigns;
- Any press or social media experience is desirable;
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral;
- Ability to engage with stakeholders of all levels;
- Strong analytical and report writing skills;
- High attention to detail.