A charity is looking for a Public Affairs Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing expert and influential advice internally and externally on parliamentary and political matters affecting children and young people.
You will be responsible for:
- Line management;
- Delivering an integrated engagement plan with key parliamentary and political stakeholders and demonstrate its effectiveness in support of our mission and objectives;
- Keeping under review the work of the Houses of Commons and Lords, Parliamentary Committees, government departments and other organisations and ensure senior managers are briefed accordingly;
- Producing succinct, readable briefing papers to inform senior colleagues regarding parliamentary issues, and which summarise our position on these issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrable experience in assessing performance and activity in order to improve outcomes for the organisation;
- Line management experience;
- Good working knowledge of parliamentary and political processes and procedures;
- Ability to liaise with and advise relevant individuals, teams and departments within the organisation on parliamentary and political matters, working especially closely with the media team and the campaigns team;
- Ability to take complex issues and to present them succinctly and accessibly, both orally and in writing.