A great career opportunity to lead the public affairs activities of an energy trade association at the centre of dynamic policy developments. Key aspects will be grappling with green and consumer issues, influencing government policy and working very closely with member firms.
Reporting to the Chief Executive of our client, the successful candidate will be responsible for analysis of a range of strategic issues facing the sector, developing the industry's position on these issues and delivering those policies to government officials in Westminster and the devolved administrations. It is an exciting time for the sector, with significant growth opportunities.
You will have:
- Diplomacy and tenacity with strong interpersonal skills;
- Maturity and the confidence to lead arguments with a wide range of people and organisations;
- Empathy with the varied perspectives of member firms, policymakers and the public;
- Excellent analytical and drafting skills;
- Ability to communicate complex issues in straightforward language, both orally and in writing;
- Experience of, or a strong desire to work in public affairs
- An interest in energy and related policies.
The role entails regular travel to meet member firms around the UK, frequent meetings in London and in the capitals of the devolved administrations to work with government and civil servants, and time with association colleagues in the office in Warwickshire.