The Policy, Communities and Engagement division are currently seeking an addition to the team.
The “Public Affairs Manager” will be responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of high-impact influencing and stakeholder engagement programmes, primarily with political and business audiences, to protect and enhance Luton’s reputation and promote understanding of and support for the Luton Investment Framework and London Luton Airport Limited objectives and strategic goals.
This is a two year fixed term role where the successful candidate will identify and engage with a wide range of local and regional stakeholders, developing effective relationships and a detailed understanding of their key issues.
Key duties will involve research, development and production of a variety of written and social media communication materials to support the successful delivery of the stakeholder engagement/influencing programme, including submissions to the government, speeches, briefings, publications, fact sheets and press releases.
- Can you work effectively with partners, sharing information and valuing others’ experience and expertise?
- Can you grasp and comprehend a situation, and find and organise practical and effective resolutions by making and acting on sound decisions?
- Can you stand back and consider the strategic ‘bigger picture’ including setting the long term plan and delivering the vision for the way forward?
- Do you have strong organisational and interpersonal skills, including the ability to lead, manage and motivate people?
- Do you have excellent communication and presentation skills, including an ability to speak confidently and persuasively in public and produce high-quality written materials?
- Do you have an understanding of Westminster, Whitehall and local government, including the interface between local authorities, national government, political parties and opinion-formers?
If so, please consider an application.