Do you have an intimate knowledge of the political process in London and the UK?
Do you want to work at the heart of London Government?
If you like a challenge and have great networking, writing and public speaking skills – we have just the position for you.
The Public Affairs Manager is a brand new role, and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to build the public affairs profile of the London Assembly. Working with colleagues and elected politicians, you will raise awareness and understanding of the value of the role of the Assembly with London government (London MPs, boroughs, London Councils, City Corp, functional bodies), Government, Scotland/Wales devolved administrations and the EU, influencing policy and contributing to the development of our strategy. It will need an active approach to relationship building and identifying opportunities for the Assembly to influence.
- develop a public affairs strategy for the London Assembly;
- deliver effective engagement plans to strengthen the Assembly’s reputation with key policy makers and decision-makers;
- develop and maintain public affairs contacts with Parliament, Government, London boroughs and with other stakeholders;
- communicate Assembly public affairs work internally and to Assembly Members;
- identify key issues and help our work on areas of policy where we can make an impact.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
In addition to a good salary package, we offer an attractive range of benefits including 30 days’ annual leave, interest free season ticket loan, interest free bicycle loan, childcare voucher scheme and a career average pension scheme.