ACCA is the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. We're the world's most forward thinking professional accountancy body. Since we were founded in 1904, we have expanded to over 1200 staff in 53 countries, meaning we’re a truly global organisation.
Our people enjoy a working environment that is dynamic, human and connected, and have a strong focus on creating value for our students and members.
We’re currently looking for a Regional Head of Policy for our Europe and Americas region on a full time, permanent basis. This position sits within the Europe and Americas team and will be based out of our London office.
This is an exciting role in which you'll be responsible for the development, delivery, promotion and support of the policy agenda for the region.
On a day to day basis, you’ll be responsible for:
- Developing clear and concise ACCA policy positions on pertinent matters affecting the profession that are based on research and member input;
- Raising ACCA’s brand profile with influential stakeholders, such as politicians and policy makers, through timely and solutions focussed policy recommendations;
- Defining and delivering targeted policy campaigns to raise ACCA’s profile as a thought leader on key and relevant issues;
- Championing ACCA as the No.1 body for professional accountants worldwide;
- Ensuring our members are kept aware of legislative developments (at the national and/or international level) that are likely to have an impact on the profession or broader business activities.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is Educated to degree level (a relevant post-graduate or professional qualification is also desirable);
- Has experience of policy development at a senior level, preferably international;
- Has a good understanding of business and policy issues and the policy making process across the UK, Europe and Americas region;
- Has an understanding of accountancy or of issues impacting on the financial services sector, as well as an interest in or experience of issues such as international trade and small business;
- Can demonstrate the necessary gravitas and credibility to act as a representative and brand ambassador for ACCA;
- Is an excellent communicator and influencer with first class presentation skills, both written and oral and with the ability to engage and energise people at all levels.
And in working with us, you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive salary and generous benefits package including private healthcare and pension;
- Flexi-time and casual Fridays;
- High spec City Centre office.