The Research Manager will be responsible for the delivery of high quality grants management processes and maximising impact. He/she will be responsible for all aspects of the grant making process including its development and implementation. The post holder will also manage the organisation of the Grants Assessment Panel and support the work of the Research, Policy and Innovation Committee.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing and developing the research programme and an effective programme cycle for all grants in line with AMRC guidelines;
- Working closely with members of the Research, Policy and Innovation Directorate and other Directorates to ensure an integrated research and grants programme that is aligned to the strategy;
- Managing the work of the Grants Assistant;
- Establishing and managing research and grant funding partnerships and relationships with external bodies and organisations (e.g. Royal Colleges, MRC, other charities), including memorandums of understanding.
- Experience of developing and implementing a research programme;
- Experience of developing and managing a high quality grant-making programme and its key aspects;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain positive external relationships and partnerships with organisations, universities, royal colleges and researchers;
- Excellent communication skills – interacting well verbally and in writing with a range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Building and maintaining external relationships with funders and relevant organisations;
- Experience and knowledge of end-to-end grant making procedures and the link to organisational governance.