Portland is an international communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments and individuals in the world with offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
Portland’s Local expertise ranges from contentious planning applications and major infrastructure projects, through to community campaigns and stakeholder engagement.
As part of our work, we enable a number of the UK’s leading businesses and organizations to engage effectively with local communities and decision makers.
From advising on the practical implications of the devolution agenda, to the impact of new models of local service provision, our specialist team helps clients to understand emerging risks and opportunities in a rapidly evolving policy and political landscape.
- As a senior account executive, you will be responsible for executing short and long term campaigns for your clients, and contributing to the development of their overall communications strategy;
- You will have day to day contact with clients and establish a long term relationship with them based on their ability to trust in the quality of your judgement and delivery;
- Through your interest in the news agenda, local government, planning and development and, most importantly, the issues that matter to them, clients will be impressed by the proactive opportunities and threats that you spot;
- The quality of your written work will mean that the majority of materials are ‘client-ready’ and meet the brief set in terms of tone, length and accuracy;
- Your project management skills will ensure that deadlines are met by your client teams at every level, from more junior to more senior colleagues.
- Beyond the work that you undertake for existing clients, you will play an important role in the team’s future growth through your contribution to our new business process, helping to identify prospective opportunities, and supporting the development and delivery of pitches;
- Beyond client and new business work, you will be a valued member of the team, ‘pitching in’ wherever help is needed and contributing to activities from brainstorms and event planning to drafting entries for Portland’s blog.
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
- Have proven experience gained in a communications role, preferably at an agency, with a focus on local government or planning and development;
- Be able to demonstrate experience in the delivery of high quality local communications campaigns, and to explain why they achieved their objective;
- Exhibit knowledge of, and interest in, the UK political landscape, including local political campaigning, and how this impacts clients.
What we offer in return:
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- Our remuneration package also includes our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more.
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading quarterly bonus scheme and annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.