Portland is an international communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments and individuals in the world with offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
We help clarify your messages as well as ensuring they are heard by the right people.
Our team deploys its extensive in-depth experience of UK Government and Parliament to support clients in their dealings with policy makers.
Whether it is preparation for Select Committee appearances, drafting policy submissions or devising eye-catching campaigns and events, our insights and networks add real weight to in-house teams.
We take our responsibilities as political consultants seriously, and are a member of the Association of Professional Political Consultants (APPC) and abide by its Code of Conduct.
- Are you passionate about politics and how policy gets made?
- Do you have what it takes to help both major global businesses and challenger brands tell their stories in new and creative ways to political and media audiences alike?
- Do you enjoy the idea of coming up with exciting campaigns?
- Are you an excellent project manager with the ability to motivate teams to work together and achieve their best?
If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Portland is seeking a Senior Account Executive to join our UK-focused corporate team to work on our public affairs accounts. With no two days the same, your activities will focus on helping our clients to communicate with everyone from political and business audiences, to their consumers.
Often, this will require you to work both independently, and as part of a team.
- Helping to devise and deliver proactive and reactive political engagement strategies and campaigns;
- Drafting a range of materials from online articles and copy to briefings and policy analysis;
- Coordinating, managing and undertaking political monitoring and political engagement;
- Organising and coordinating set piece events and running campaigns;
- Responding quickly and accurately to client requests;
- Managing multi-disciplinary client teams;
- Supporting new business proposals and pitches;
- Ensuring the successful day to day delivery of communications strategies and tactical plans;
- Building a relevant network;
- Supporting the growth of the business through marketing activity.
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
Be proactive, creative and detail-driven with an excellent understanding of the political and public affairs landscape
Ideally, you will have significant experience, gained either in-house or within an agency.
What we offer in return:
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression;
- Our remuneration package also includes our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more;
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading quarterly bonus scheme and annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.