The Department for International Trade (DIT) is offering the right candidate a chance to make their mark and help continue to build the best external affairs function in government.
The role provides professional external affairs advice working confidently with a broad range of people within the Department, across Whitehall, and with key external stakeholders covering DIT’s vision, policy direction and external affairs-led campaigns.
You will create a positive climate of opinion to support DIT’s communications objectives by building allies and advocates, enhancing reputation and deepening engagement and collaboration. This also includes supporting the department’s priority corporate events to reach the range of VIP political, business and media audiences, one of which is the prestigious Mansion House Banquet.
- Continually build insight and map the stakeholder landscape deepening the Department’s understanding of the issues, campaigns and views of key stakeholders to inform our narratives and activities;
- Manage stakeholder relationships and engagement to enhance the reputation of the Department and ensure effective collaboration and advocacy to support our ambitions;
- Support high profile forums and stakeholder events from working with cross-cutting business organisations to managing some of the most influential and prestigious set piece events;
- Provide external affairs advice and delivery for a range of priority cross-departmental campaigns, such as the Export Strategy, Free Trade Agreements and Trade for Development;
- Generate creative content and messages for stakeholders to disseminate through their channels and networks. You will work with policy, press office, PR and marketing teams to deliver content through multiple DIT channels;
- Establish systems and processes to coordinate and share stakeholder data and intelligence;
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the effectiveness of external affairs activities;
- Build a good network of professional contacts especially with stakeholders’ communications and external affairs counterparts;
- Contribute to the Government Communications Service and spread best practice across the department, raising understanding of External Affairs.