My client is a leading UK membership body. They currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Policy Adviser to join their regional team, supporting members across the Midlands and working on a broad and interesting range of policy topics.
- Develop policy positions on the UK’s economy considering devolution and regional business priorities;
- Drafting of papers, reports, briefings and responses to political and policy developments within the remit;
- Project working;
- Consulting with members and stakeholders for their views, both individually for in depth policy discussions, and in larger groups with broader discussion at roundtable events and committee meetings;
- Sharing policy and political insights and analysis with members, both individually at member servicing meetings and at briefing events with larger audiences.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent;
- Knowledge of the policymaking process in the UK government;
- Background in policy development and demonstrable interest in public policy;
- Experience of working in a political environment;
- Broad knowledge of the policy priorities for UK Businesses;
- Knowledge of the UK parliamentary system, including regional and local devolution;
- Experience of developing and executing political, communication, and campaign strategies.