I am recruiting a Senior Policy Advisor with a technology company in London. The role will play a key part in determining how the organisation leads the tech sector on issues as diverse and varied as the future of work.
The Senior Policy Adviser will be responsible for leading the development of specific policy positions, which will entail setting strategic direction; gaining consensus and making recommendations to the Exec Team. As well as global policy issues, the Senior Policy Advisor will be expected to work closely with Corporate Affairs and legal colleagues in-country to help define market-specific policy positions as necessary.
The Senior Policy Advisor will also be expected to provide high quality and considered advice to all HQ teams on public policy matters that affect them, in order to guide the development of new products and services.
The role will include advocating on behalf of organisation, as well as representing organisation at external meetings with politicians, policy makers and opinion-formers.
You will have:
- Experience solving complex, technical policy issues, with colleagues and external partners from a range of disciplines (e.g. legal, operational/technical, finance);
- Exceptional people skills - you will need to bring people with you as you solve cross-functional, challenging problems.An appetite for work. The hyper-fast pace of the business and the development of its issues means this is a big job, and the right person will be comfortable working in a dynamic environment;
- A keen understanding of European political systems and institutions, as well as politics and communications;
- Willingness to travel;
- Excellent, thoughtful judgement;
- An excitement which comes from being at the cutting edge of new developments in the global economy and working for a market leader which is expanding at record pace;
- Fluent English, other European languages an advantage.