A Government Financial Services Agency is looking to recruit a Senior Policy Advisor for a 9-10 month Fixed Term Contract. You will play a key role in developing policy initiatives across UK financial services management including lending and debt.
The role of the Policy Advisor will be a varied one in which you will have the opportunity to contribute to the ongoing development of UK Government policy. You will work as part of a dedicated team developing advice on potential management strategies, taking account of Government frameworks and developments in financial markets. You will also contribute to the preparation of press publications, providing robust evidence-based analysis and solutions.
As a key member of the Policy team, you will:
- Be a key contributor to the development of policy, preparing detailed analysis and advice;
- Contribute high quality evidence-based policy analysis and advice in the form of written reports, quantitative evidence and analysis on a variety of policy issues;
- Take lead responsibility for shaping a key research function;
- Develop expertise on a portfolio of specific topics.
- Significant professional work experience gained in a finance-related policy role;
- Excellent analytical ability - gathering, analysing and interpreting economic and/or financial market developments;
- Demonstrable ability to communicate complex and technical information/ideas verbally and in written form to specialist and non-specialist audiences;
- Excellent academic background;
- Candidates must have lived and worked continuously in the UK for past five years.