Airlines UK (AUK) – the industry association for UK-registered carriers – is looking for an experienced, motivated and hard-working Senior Policy & Public Affairs Manager / Policy & Public Affairs Director (based on experience) to join its team in London.
The successful candidate will lead on policy campaigns and formulate AUK policy on behalf of airline members, and work with colleagues in advocating our messaging to stakeholders including Ministers, parliamentarians, regulators and industry bodies, ensuring that their interests are effectively represented and that the voice of AUK is heard in Westminster and the devolved administrations.
The successful candidate will work in a small, dynamic and hardworking team and be uniquely involved with the UK aviation industry and airline sector in particular, working on issues including Brexit, aviation tax, airport expansion, disruptive passengers, sustainability, the upcoming Government Aviation Strategy and consumer protection policy.
- Exceptional communicator (oral and written) with a proven ability to take the lead on policy research and analysis, develop messaging across a range of policy interests, and put in place advocacy and engagement strategies;
- A track record of engaging with and working alongside stakeholders on policy, legislation, consultations and research projects;
- Excellent knowledge of UK Government and parliamentary institutions;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with civil servants across Whitehall, the Civil Aviation Authority, MPs, industry experts and external bodies over time. Capacity to network in different settings and at multiple levels of decision making;
- Skilled organiser, capable of managing a challenging agenda with competing priorities;
- At least a basic understanding of the aviation industry and airline sector, in particular.