A leading healthcare body is currently seeking a Senior Policy & Research Officer for a permanent role based in their central London office.
You will be responsible for leading on the development of healthcare policy positions, within your portfolio, on a range of topics. Further responsibilities include:
- Leading and delivering policy programmes, drafting policy engagement plans, responding to consultations etc.;
- Developing and delivering external engagement plans seeking to work with, and influence policy with organisations such as NHS England and the Department for Health;
- Provide policy briefings to senior leaders internally.
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- A strong academic background to degree level or equivalent;
- Extensive background in policy development on a range of issues (health policy is desirable).
- A genuinely keen interest in the UK health policy debate;
- Strong written communication skills with evidence of delivering a range of policy outputs (briefings, reports, consultation responses);
- Demonstrable experience of engaging with, and influencing, senior policy audiences;
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to vary style to different audiences;
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work in a fast paced environment, to tight deadlines.