Our client is a well-known membership organisation which represents its members across the housing and development market.
The post-holder will have responsibility for developing the Association’s response to policy decisions affecting the industry with a particular emphasis on finance and market regulation.
This is a maternity cover that will last at least 9 months. Ideally candidates will be available to start at the end of February 2018.
- Represent members’ interests to key policy-makers including, but not limited to, government, civil service and regulators;
- Keeping abreast of government initiatives which would impact on members;
- Maintain existing relationships with external stakeholders and identify other opportunities to expand the Association’s network;
- Promote the organisation through networking, meetings, conference and by producing speeches;
- Managing existing committees;
- Liaising with media on related issues.
- Knowledge of the housing industry, ideally with a financial focus;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrable influencing skills;
- Sound knowledge of the Parliamentary process and the opportunities to engage;
- Policy drafting experience.