To implement the public affairs programme by planning and delivering public affairs activities to establish our client as a strong, leading voice in health and care, demonstrating our client’s commitment to the delivery of better, safe care.
- Contribute to the mapping and analysis of key strategic stakeholder relationships;
- Work with senior colleagues to develop and maintain positive relationships with political stakeholders in order to facilitate their understanding of, and contribution to, the work of our client;
- Develop influencing plans using knowledge of parliamentary and political process to further our client’s strategic objectives;
- Proactively provide intelligence on upcoming legislation and political developments from across the UK, including advice and alerts on regulatory and health matters, liaising with the policy and research teams as needed;
- Produce high quality briefing material and presentations to senior management for use in stakeholder interactions;
- Lead projects with support from the Public Affairs and Stakeholder Manager, such as co-ordinating presence at party conferences;
- Attend a variety of public affairs, patient engagement and health and care sector events to broaden stakeholder engagement and support collaboration where appropriate;
- Line management of the Public Affairs Officer.
- Experience of working in a public affairs/external relations function;
- Experience of national policy and political machinery and points of influence in one or more of the UK nations;
- Ability to horizon scan, analyse and interpret policy directions and political motivations;
- Experience of devising and delivering influencing plans;
- Demonstrable experience of achieving results through partnership working;
- Experience of working in the health sector is desirable;
- Line management experience is desirable;
- Some project management experience is desirable.