Based at Lambeth Palace and working alongside the Chief of Staff and Strategy, this is a pivotal role in the Archbishop's staff team supporting the Archbishop of Canterbury's work in the public sphere, across a wide range of key areas.
You will have day-to-day responsibility for those aspects of the Archbishop's role and ministry which touch on public policy including civil society, government and 'church and state' issues, focussing on those areas of specific interest and concern to the Archbishop.
With a successful track record gained at decision-making level in public policy or a related field, you will have demonstrable achievement in delivering public policy projects and experience of the charitable voluntary sector, particularly in public affairs engagement or campaigning.
Well-organised, clear thinking and with the ability to respond swiftly and positively to a challenge, you will be sensitive and diplomatic, quickly commanding the confidence and attention of senior figures. With a flexible approach and the willingness to work outside of usual office hours including weekends, you will undertake travel when necessary, in order to lead on events and interventions when required.
- Annual Leave: 25 days per annum (This is exclusive of public holidays and additional holidays approved by your employer [Pro rata to if part-time];
- Discretionary Holidays: +3 extra days;
- Pension: Non-contributory defined contribution pension scheme;
- Travel to Work: Season ticket loan and cycle to work schemes;
- Family Friendly: Range of policies including Childcare Vouchers;
- Sports and Social: Civil service gym and social club membership available;
- Life/Sickness: Death in service and group income protection cover.