Our account executive role treads that exciting fine line between immediately allowing you to thrive in an insight-focused, ideas-led consultancy, and giving you the support you need to develop the skills and experience to make the most of the opportunity. You’ll have a career manager to support you and training focused on your needs – and your ambition.
We work with established names, challenger brands and pioneering start-ups to shape and build reputations. We advise clients on their ESG credentials and today’s pressing issues, and we form relationships with the influencers that matter to them. Our advice is insight based and multi-channel. Shortlisted for every PR agency award in 2020, we are a leading independent agency and have international reach with offices in New York and agency partners worldwide.
We want to make a difference. Our own ESG credentials date back to our formation. Our people own our business, a third of the agency in fact. No other consultancy can say that! And 16 years of recognition as a Great Place to Work® means it’s in our DNA. And as current PRCA Workplace Champions, we’re committed to diversity, fairness and inclusion and we care passionately about our footprint and playing a role in society.
Our office is in St John Street in Farringdon, London. Currently we are all working remotely from home.
About the role
You will be an integral member of various teams with an extremely broad client portfolio, developing your consultancy skills across disciplines and sectors. Account executives act as the linchpin and foundation for teams, co-ordinating and supporting others and delivering high-quality work.
- Media and stakeholder monitoring: Understand client, stakeholders, and specialism areas to monitor the news agenda, keeping a close watch on what’s trending;
- Media relations: Issue press releases to media, liaise with journalists, meet external stakeholders and identify further coverage opportunities.
- Account support: Build rapport with clients and media, attend client calls, maintain evaluation documents, manage team diaries, contribute to team brainstorms;
- Research and reporting: Conduct research and analysis to support client activity, track and log all coverage for reports, use insight to make recommendations;
- Content creation: Write succinct, on-message content (internal/external) such as press releases, by-lines, briefing documents, client emails, blogs and social media posts;
- Analytical thinking: Be able to grasp, at times, complex issues relevant to clients and make suggestions to the team on how to translate these into relevant story angles for your clients, draft media commentary and pitch to media;
- New Business and Marketing: Contribute and take part in new business pitches, research projects and marketing activities such as company blog, social media and (fun) internal campaigns.
- Proven, relevant experience would help equip you for the role and allow you to start with confidence;
- Curious about businesses and what makes them tick;
- Enthusiasm for current affairs, news and the media industry;
- Solution orientated with a ‘can do’ proactive manner;
- Passionate communicator (written/verbal) with confident presentation skills;
- Organised, top-notch time management and creative thinker;
- Team player, supportive and considerate to others.