Parent Zone is a social enterprise that sits at the heart of modern family life, providing advice, knowledge and support to shape the best possible future for children as they embrace the online world. We bridge the gaps between parents, policy and platforms, providing insights and knowledge in order to shape a better future for all.
Since 2005 we have worked with partners such as Google, Facebook and the Home Office to develop innovative projects, giving families information, support and advice.
We are optimistic about the future while recognising the challenges families face in bringing up children in a digital world - challenges we seek to ameliorate.
We are looking for a well-organised, confident individual to support the smooth running of political engagement within our partnered projects as well as our wider policy work.
You will work within the Policy and Public Affairs team - part of the External Affairs directorate - contacting MPs’ offices, government departments and other third-sector organisations to ensure wide-ranging engagement and support for two of our major national projects from policymakers and professionals.
You will be responsible for ensuring all logistics information collected from policymakers is communicated to the booking teams.
You will also assist with Parent Zone’s wider policy and public affairs work, which ranges from contributing to investigative research papers to drafting responses to parliamentary consultations.
To support this work, you will develop an understanding of the issues and risks which affect children and families in the digital age.
Skills and experience
- You will need to work well as a team and independently with excellent communication skills;
- You will be confident on the phone and using a range of systems for recording information;
- You will have an excellent eye for detail and be comfortable working in a project with multiple elements to organise;
- You will have an understanding of the political ecosystem and be willing to introduce new processes and ideas to our constantly developing projects;
- You must be a resilient and reliable team player, keen and enthusiastic in equal measure.
While the majority of this role will allow you to work from home, you will be expected to work from our London office on at least a monthly basis, as well as at other key moments of the year.