Over the past 20 years The Diana Award has delivered services to thousands of young people across the UK and beyond, honing our expertise and skills to produce exceptional, high quality interventions that create long lasting change.
As we embark on the next phase of our strategy, launching in Spring 2021, we are looking for a dynamic and driven Policy Coordinator to help us realise our ambition to increase our policy influence and impact.
The Policy Coordinator will play a key role in helping the organisation to identify priorities and influencing opportunities, as well as ensure that our approach to policy engagement is youth-led and evidence-driven.
This is a new role within the newly established Impact and Evaluation team, also comprising an Impact and Evaluation Manager and two Impact and Evaluation Coordinators.
Policy analysis and development:
- Work with the Programme Management Team and other key stakeholders across the organisation (including the Youth Board, Award recipients, alumni and mentees) to identify and agree policy priorities for 2021-2026;
- Develop systems and processes to support policy development, ensuring that the organisation’s policy messages are informed by evidence and learning from our programmes and the wider youth sector, as well as the voices of the young people we work with
- Research and write a set of core policy positions for the Diana Award in line with agreed policy priorities;
- Coordinate the development of policy submissions, consultation responses and other policy outputs for external audiences as appropriate;
- Ensure staff and key stakeholders within the Diana Award are kept informed about external policy developments affecting young people, both in the UK and internationally;
- Work with the communications team to ensure The Diana Award’s policy messages and outputs are communicated across the organisation’s core channels.
Relationship building and partnership development:
- Identify and develop relationships with key policy networks and forums within the sector, both in the UK and internationally, seeking opportunities for collaboration and coordination where appropriate;
- Coordinate the Diana Award’s representation and engagement with relevant sector networks and forums, providing direct representation where appropriate;
- Monitor and identify opportunities for external policy engagement and influencing, working with the Programmes Management Team to develop and take forward plans;
- Support the The Diana Award’s relationships with parliamentarians, elected representatives and other high profile influencers;
- Prepare briefing materials as appropriate for staff and other key stakeholders to represent The Diana Award’s policy agenda externally.