WA Communications is recruiting for an Account Director to join its growing Investor Services practice. This role presents an exciting opportunity for an experienced public affairs or policy professional with keen commercial instincts looking for a new challenge.
WA is a top five public affairs and corporate communications consultancy based in Westminster, working UK-wide. We are independently owned, meaning we focus on client, not shareholder, returns.
Our Investor Services practice specialises in political due diligence and risk analysis for institutional investors. We have established a reputation for swift, detailed and insightful analysis, with specialisms in healthcare, education and infrastructure among a range of other areas.
Our ongoing expansion means that we are looking for an exceptional Account Director to join the team and play a pivotal role in supporting our continued evolution.
As the team’s Account Director you will develop and secure new opportunities by supporting the development of our investor services offering into new asset classes and jurisdictions, and by developing a broader suite of investor focused services.
You will lead and manage the delivery of due diligence projects providing high quality analysis, deep insight and detailed advice to senior investors. You will be supported by an outstanding team including junior consultants and be able to draw on the knowledge, skills and expertise of specialist consultants from across WA.
We are WA
We look for people who share our passion for intellectual curiosity and love to work on interesting, knotty challenges. We are consistently driven by a desire to deliver outstanding results for our clients and attract people who truly care about providing an excellent standard of work.
Our diverse, high quality client base will allow you to get your teeth into exciting and important policy and business issues. What you do will have true, real world impact. There is enormous job satisfaction to be gained from that.
We think the best client service is one tailored carefully to the client’s individual needs. A service that can draw on the skills and expertise of specialist consultants in public affairs, corporate communications and investor services. We actively encourage teamwork across our practices and place real value on collaboration to deliver on our clients’ communication objectives.
We are committed to professional development at all levels and want everyone to feel their career is consistently moving forward. This is underpinned by a culture of honest, constructive feedback and investment in coaching and training.
We think it’s important to enjoy your work environment too, and we all genuinely enjoy working together! We support flexible working, provide a generous holiday package and we are committed to wellbeing.
What we are looking for
- A detailed understanding of the UK’s political, regulatory and policy-making process with ability to assess the business impact of change in policy and politics;
- An excellent communicator in written and spoken form, with ability to present findings to investor clients concisely and confidently;
- A desire to be at the forefront of winning projects with investors and a proven track record in identifying new opportunities;
- A focus on depth, rigour and quality assurance on multiple projects. A commitment to service innovation and improvement;
- Strong networking skills and ability to build relationships with political, regulatory and policy in Westminster, Whitehall and the devolved administrations;
- A proven ability to manage and motivate junior researchers, providing guidance, support and advice;
- Strong organisational, project management and problem-solving skills;
- A passion for business and an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Good emotional intelligence.
The role will see you involved in leading project work for clients, business development, and managing internal responsibilities. You will:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients across the investment community;
- Work with colleagues to develop new business leads and convert them to wins;
- Support junior members of the team, helping identify areas for professional development and opportunities to progress.
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary above industry average and involvement in the company’s incentive and reward bonus scheme;
- A tailored training package that will help you develop specialist skills in consulting and communications, in your first year and beyond;
- A lively, open and collaborative working culture, in which everyone is valued, listened to, and encouraged to generate ideas and opportunities;
- A wide range of employee benefits, including competitive pension scheme, subsidised gym membership, cycle to work scheme, interest free travel loans and more.