MHP Health is looking for an Associate Director to further expand our talented team to support business growth across our broad client base. As an Associate Director you will shape and deliver strategic advice to clients, provide senior counsel, direction and advice to colleagues and assist in fulfilling management responsibilities. You'll play an integral part in new business growth and strategic development of MHP.
You will be an ambitious healthcare public affairs or public relations consultant with a genuine interest and passion for healthcare communications. You’ll be committed to working and thinking hard, as well as having fun, delivering the outcomes that really matter for a range of commercial, voluntary and public sector clients – all of whom have an interest in health and care.
You will have experience of health public affairs, public relations, or patient advocacy through work in a previous consultancy or in-house at a charity, commercial or public sector environment. The key requirement will be a solid understanding of the healthcare landscape and communications disciplines and a desire to apply these in a busy commercial environment. As an Associate Director you will be responsible for managing and guiding junior team members, ensuring effective team working and quality of work.
- Act as senior counsel to clients, supporting the development of their communications strategies as a whole;
- Oversee all client contact whilst shaping and steering programme strategy and delivery and responsibility for servicing, profitability, forecasting and billing;
- Lead and sign off on policy engagement programmes;
- Identify and extract data for analysis, generate hypotheses for investigation and identify top lines;
- Responsible for growing existing and winning new business, leading on pitches and networking for leads;
- Oversee full account team, providing leadership example and guidance to peers and colleagues including resourcing issues, account performance and delivering internal training;
- Confident in articulating analysis of the overall shape and role of social media and frequently contributing new content.
The successful candidate will have:
- Significant experience within agency/consultancy or in-house role within a commercial or patient/professional group setting;
- Confidence and gravitas to advise senior clients on complex challenges;
- Experience leading and shaping effective campaigns or large-scale programme with demonstrable outcomes;
- Comprehensive understanding of the commercial healthcare and policy landscape;
- Experience directly line managing and managing teams up to 6 people;
- Strong skills in financial management.