Do you want to play a key role in advocating for small businesses and the vital role they have to play in the post-Coronavirus economic recovery? We have an exciting opportunity for a policy professional with a proven track record to join FSB Scotland’s team to make a meaningful difference for small businesses.
What you’ll do
- Support the Head of Policy in identifying, researching, developing and promoting policy positions on key issues;
- Develop and deliver in-house policy reports and Scottish Government and Scottish Parliamentary Committee consultation responses;
- Develop and deliver surveys and snap polls;
- Support the wider Scottish team to lobby and advocate for FSB policy to external stakeholders, including politicians, civil servants and government ministers;
- Produce briefings, articles and other content for both internal and external publication.
Who you are
- Demonstrable experience in one of the following: political party, civil service, local government, Scottish/UK Parliament, third sector, policy or public affairs research and monitoring post;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Scottish political environment – with a particular focus on the Scottish Government and Scottish Parliament;
- Excellent written, data and verbal communication skills.
Working with us
- The team in Scotland is currently home-based, however the role will be based in the Glasgow office in the future – flexibility around some remote working may be considered;
- 35 hour work week, Monday to Friday;
- 33 days of paid leave per year (including bank holidays).
Excellent benefits package including:
- Annual Flex Pot* to spend on benefits including additional pension, additional holidays, additional critical illness cover, additional life cover, cycle to work scheme and discounted gym membership;
- Group Personal Pension (GPP);
- Health cash plan*;
- Critical illness, income protection and life assurance insurance*;
- Access to an employee assistance programme and mental health first aiders.
*Applicable on completion of probationary period and subject to terms.
Who we are
Established over 45 years ago to help small businesses and the self-employed achieve their ambitions, FSB is a not-for-profit organisation that’s run by members, for members.
Members get an exclusive package of great value business services including advice, financial products and support. These cover a wide range of benefits such as tax, legal and HR, local network groups and business banking.
We’re also the UK’s leading business campaigner, focused on delivering change which supports smaller businesses to grow and succeed. With teams across the UK, we work with governments, elected members and decision-makers to make real change happen.