Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
About this role
The job is a 12 month FTC / secondment opportunity to support BT’s policy agenda and bolster its key opinion formers relationships across the Midlands & South East regions ( please therefore note we are accepting applications from those candidates residing in the South East area of the UK).
Do that well, and strengthen BT’s reputation with external stakeholders, and deliver the PPA nations and regions CFU interlock outcomes, and you can do a great deal to advance BT’s reputation and commercial interests, and to build measurable value in the company.
You'll have the following responsibilities
Working across the Midlands to:
- Identify the key political and business stakeholders who are critical to BT’s reputation and future commercial prospects and building the networks that can improve both;
- Broker solutions that can clear away political and administrative obstacles to BT Group;
- Working with the UK team identify and respond rapidly to short term threats/risks /reputational issues;
- Provide timely early warnings, insights and intelligence on the issues facing BT to the rest of Group Corporate Affairs to support policy and strategy development;
- Work in close co-ordination with Group Corporate Affairs (GCA) External Communications team;
- Co-ordinate BT’s presence on external bodies and groups when relevant showing a clear value proposition to the engagement;
- Create, attend and host appropriate events and corporate hospitality to the benefit of BT’s reputation and GCA’s objectives;
- Ensure the capturing and measuring of CFU stakeholder interactions and commercial bid support.
You'll have the following skills & experience
You will need to show evidence of competence in (and experience of):
- Political strategy, including tactical campaign planning;
- Policy analysis – able to understand/explain/debate complex issues and decisions;
- Communication, including public advocacy and written and presentation skills;
- Influencing and negotiating – able to build effective networks within the company and outside it, across industry and in administrative/political circles;
- Business development – helping to identify and pursue new commercial opportunities or risks;
- Recording and evaluating/ desk top publishing.
You will need to have – or show clear ability to acquire quickly – a deep knowledge of the commercial and operational activities of the company. You will also need an understanding of UK National, local and regional government and regulatory decision-making and processes, with the capacity to quickly spot and address political risks.
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays);
- 10% on target bonus;
- Pension scheme;
- Shares Plan;
- Flexible benefits: cycle to work, healthcare, etc;
- Discounted BT products.