Global Tech Company.
This role will help the Director of Government & External Relations maintain and improve our client’s great reputation with the Government, politicians and other senior stakeholders so that they can advise Government to adopt policies that help their business and society.
You will be:
- Working into the Director of Government & External Relations, to support the development of the Government Relations programme, driving strategy, and engagement with key political influencers;
- Raise awareness, drive the brand message and develop and maintain relationships with key Government stakeholders;
- Analyse Government policies and lobby to ensure that Government policy benefits the business;
- Monitor and analyse Government policy developments, assessing potential impact on business and develop and deliver lobbying projects to change damaging policy;
- Build messaging and thought leadership that can be used to position our client favourably with political audiences, including messaging documents, speeches, etc;
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders;
- Develop programmes that support key B2B segments with potential public sector sales and promotion opportunities;
- Manage company’s relations with key trade associations in order that involvement is coordinated and to ensure such bodies fully represent company views;
- Regular internal communication to distribute relevant political monitoring and alerts and relevant internal reporting as directed.
- Excellent understanding of the UK political process;
- Excellent analytical skills, showing understanding of how Government develops policy;
- Excellent written skills, being able to explain complex policies succinctly and to construct arguments;
- Experience of planning and executing Government Affairs programmes;
- Experience in large organization, like working within British Government department (civil service or special adviser) and/or performing an in-house public affairs role;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required including the ability to present confidently and speak well with Parliamentarians and Government officials;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.