Independent Integrated Communications Consultancy.
If you’re looking at moving into an executive leadership position within the world of integrated communications, this is the role for you. As the Head of Parliamentary Affairs you will be tasked with driving the continued growth of the public affairs practice across the various regional offices in the UK. You will be reporting directly into the CEO of the organisation and will play an integral role in the growth strategy of the organisation as a whole. This role would suit someone who embraces the ambiguity that comes with a smaller consultancy and who is confident in their ability to navigate the complex and ever-changing political landscape.
You will be responsible for:
- Being an integral part of the Senior Management Team – through the Executive Committee – and working closely with the Board Directors to develop and implement all aspects of new business strategy;
- Leading on taking/ responding to top tier client briefs;
- Overseeing an existing client base and coordinating activities and outcomes with respective teams;
- Lead on/support appropriate strategies for effective political engagement to raise awareness and strengthen client’s reputation with key policy makers and decision-makers;
- Representing the business at sector, communications and networking events;
- Developing a personal profile in the markets you work within;
- Leading on specific new business projects/initiatives;
- Mentoring and appraising those who report into you;
- Proactively being a champion of the core values of the business and driving forward a positive working environment.
- Demonstrable experience in a leadership position within a public affairs or integrated communications consultancy;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate with a range of senior decision makers and senior corporate personnel in person and in writing;
- Strong project management skills with the ability to balance competing demands, strategically manage and grow client portfolios across multiple projects, and lead client teams to exceed client expectations;
- The ability to understand and digest complex information quickly and effectively;
- Demonstrable experience of national media and broader stakeholder engagement.