We’re looking for a Policy Adviser to join us on a 12-month fixed term contract to develop our work focused on improving Customer Outcomes. In this role, you will work with the ABI’s Consumer Committee, identifying opportunities to develop and deliver initiatives that improve how insurance and long-term savings work for consumers. Working with colleagues, government, and our members in insurance and long-term savings, you will develop and deliver a range of projects where new ideas, creativity and collaboration are needed.
We welcome people who are new to insurance (most of us were when we joined!) – as well as those with experience.
What’s the job?
- Lead the development and delivery of ABI projects to improve customer outcomes across multiple policy and insurance/long-term savings product areas, working closely with ABI member firms, consumer representatives and government;
- Examine the implications of current and emerging political and socio-economic issues and trends within the UK insurance and long-term savings industry;
- Shape the agendas for, and manage the delivery of, meetings of the ABI’s Consumer Committee and Consumer Advisory Group;
- Work with colleagues to shape and deliver cross-cutting projects - including work on product transparency, vulnerable customers and financial inclusion - using your customer-focused approach to influence the work they do;
- Work with government and wider stakeholders to develop pragmatic and impactful solutions to challenges facing consumers, particularly within the context of the FCA’s new Consumer Duty.
What skills do you need?
- An analytical mind – you know how to use research and analysis to inform your ideas and decision making and can make sense of complex policy issues;
- Project management – you can autonomously organise and efficiently run a variety of workstreams and projects;
- Communication and relationship management – you know how to approach people of all levels and backgrounds;
- The art of persuasion – you can influence a variety of stakeholders to drive solutions;
- Effective presentation skills – you know how to tailor you message to your audience.